GravityTroubleshooting

SEN0377 Gravity MEMS Gas Sensor

userHead VincenzoBarbuto 2022-10-10 22:42:29 1847 Views1 Replies

Hi guys,

I am developing a Traffic Monitoring System for my PhD project and I chose to use de SEN0377 Gravity MEMS Gas Sensor to measure CO and NO2 values emitted by vehicles passing by. To interface with the sensor I chose to use an ESP32 Board since I need to send telemetries to other nodes using Wi-Fi. Hence, I connected the sensor to the board and using I2C protocol I am able to see the Sensor Board and get values from it. After 3 minutes of worm up (as it is suggested by the documentation), the sensitivity of the sensor in detecting CO and NO2 is pretty poor and alway print out on the serial console the value “0.0 PPM”. In the case of CO only if the sensor is very close to the emission source is able to detect a value. 

1) Is the sensor ok for my goal, i.e. to measure pollutants in large environments?

2) How can I augment the sensitivity of the sensor so as to detect pollutants in the air? 

2022-10-19 14:28:42

Hi! When the sensor is at a certain distance from the vehicle exhaust, the gas concentration detected by the sensor probe is very low, resulting in a data of 0.0ppm. We do not have a suitable sensor for the time being, sorry.

userHeadPic jenna