Troubleshooting

Solar Power Manager 5V V1.1 - DFR0559 LiPo charge state never done

userHead audiophil 2023-07-10 15:02:04 444 Views6 Replies

Dear Forum,

I have a new solar power manager from dfrobot.

Unfortunately, I can not get the LiPo- Battery state to DONE as indicated in green next to the charge LED.

Also it is mentioned if no Battery connected both DONE and CHG will permit light.

The only way to get DONE active is via USB IN (5V, 2.5A). When I add the LiPo the green DONE Led disappears and the red CHG LED ist active.

Any suggestions?

I measured and the LiPo is charged.

Thanks

Nico

2023-10-23 20:38:59

I tested, while complete discharge of the LiPo and then connect the USB in (5V 2.5A). 

userHeadPic dunk.domez
2023-10-23 19:53:59

I have a solar panel and LiPo attached to a Solar Power Manager 5V v1.1 which was intended to run a small weather station.  I keep losing touch with the weather station and has thought it might be a sotware glitch, but today when I examined it the power manager board wasn't ‘on’ - i.e the green LED wasn't lit.  As soon as I applied power to the USB In socket the board ‘woke up’ and when I disconnect the USB power the board continued to run (powering the weather station) taking power from the battery.

What would cause the Power Manager to shut down like this when there is battery power available?

userHeadPic Iain.Archibald
2023-07-17 01:49:09

Thanks guys, after disconnecting the power on bridge and the USB out the charging DONE LED was led after some time.

userHeadPic audiophil
2023-07-12 22:11:39

OK,

I tested, while complete discharge of the LiPo and then connect the USB in (5V 2.5A). 

While measuring the voltage I found that this is 3.7 -4 V

Best,

Nico

userHeadPic audiophil
jenna wrote:

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply.

When charging the battery using the USB or a solar panel, the CHG indicator light (red) will turn on. Once the battery is fully charged, the DONE indicator light (green) will turn on, and the CHG USB light will go out. If both the red and green lights are on at the same time (when there is input from USB IN or SOLAR IN), it indicates that the battery is not connected properly or there is poor contact with the battery. The voltage of a fully charged battery is 4.2V. Please refer to the 3.7V lithium battery we tested: https://www.dfrobot.com/product-437.html

pls check this:

This maybe clears up some confusion you have.

2023-07-14 12:02:44
1 Replies
2023-07-10 23:13:28

Check if the LiPo battery voltage is within the acceptable range supported by the solar power manager.

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini