General Raspberry Pi

3.5 inch LCD touch screen issues with rpi 4b (DFROBOT FIT0820)

userHead Atul.Cee 2024-02-06 22:44:54 150 Views1 Replies

A couple of questions about the DFROBOT 3.5" LCD touchscreen included in the case and screen kit FIT0820:

Is there a calibration tool available for this screen? Out of the box, the touchscreen appears to be badly miscalibrated. Particularly, when I move the touch pen left to right, the touchscreen shows it moving up and down. I followed the directions on the product wiki to install the driver and activate the touchscreen. Is there any onscreen virtual keyboard one could use to enter text in a terminal on the touchscreen?

2024-02-07 15:38:28 - Calibration Tool: Yes, there is a calibration tool available for the touchscreen. If you are experiencing miscalibration issues, you can perform a calibration process to correct it. The calibration tool allows you to align the touch coordinates accurately with the display. You may find the calibration tool and instructions on how to use it in the documentation or user manual provided with the product.

- Onscreen Virtual Keyboard: Depending on the specific software or operating system you are using with the touchscreen, there might be an onscreen virtual keyboard available for text input. However, it is not necessarily a feature included with the DFROBOT 3.5" LCD touchscreen itself. The availability of an onscreen virtual keyboard typically depends on the software environment or application you are running on the touchscreen. You may need to explore the settings or options within your specific software or operating system to enable and utilize an onscreen virtual keyboard for text input in a terminal or other applications.

If you are unable to find the calibration tool or onscreen virtual keyboard within the provided documentation or user manual, I recommend reaching out to DFROBOT's customer support for further assistance. They should be able to provide you with the necessary guidance and resources to resolve the calibration issue and explore the availability of an onscreen virtual keyboard for your specific setup.

userHeadPic Alluxb.Diple