What will you make?
The Intel® Galileo Gen 2 board is the first in a family of Arduino*-certified development and prototyping boards based on Intel® architecture and specifically designed for makers, students, educators, and DIY electronics enthusiasts. Providing users with a fully open source hardware and software development environment, the Intel Galileo Gen 2 board complements and extends the Arduino line of products to deliver more advanced compute functionality to those already familiar with Arduino prototyping tools. The Intel Galileo Gen 2 development board is designed to be hardware-, software-, and pin-compatible with a wide range of Arduino Uno* R3 shields and additionally allows users to incorporate Linux* firmware calls in their Arduino sketch programming.
Whats new with the Intel® Galileo Gen 2 board?
- 6-pin 3.3V USB TTL UART header replaces 3.5 mm jack RS-232 console port for Linux debug. New 6-pin connector mates with standard FTDI* USB serial cable (TTL-232R-3V3) and popular USB-to-Serial breakout boards. 12 GPIOs now fully native for greater speed and improved drive strength.
- 12-bit pulse-width modulation (PWM) for more precise control of servos and smoother response.
- Console UART1 can be redirected to Arduino headers in sketches, eliminating the need for soft-serial in many cases.
- 12V power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capable (PoE module installation required).
- Power regulation system changed to accept power supplies from 7V to 15V.