By [email protected]
On my URM04 V2.0 there is no welded jumpers (no"A" nor "B"). Have I  to bridge it anyway when it is in a network?
By Hector
Hi Bart,

You do not need to weld the jumpers. You just plug one side of the first sensor to the Arduino, and then plug the other to the next sensor and so on...

Hector
By [email protected]
Hi,

I have got a problem with one of the URM04 sensors that I have bought from you. One of them (I have two) is working fine  :) bat the other one, in the same conditions) is working well up to 50-60 cm and then is showing "out of range" #FF#FF  :(... Look like there is some limitations.  What to do?

Thanks
By Hector
Hi Bart,

Are you testing them together? Have you tried to test them individually? Maybe its a matter of communications.

Anyways, tell me what you have tried, and we will try to determine what the problem might be.

Hector
By [email protected]
Hi, I am testing it individually. First, I have used your "URMV4HelpMate.exe" program but, I guess, there is a timing problem and instead of an "out of range" message I do not have any answer at all Then, I have created a Labview driver 8). With one of the sensor there is no problem, I am getting always a correct answer (if the range is really reasonable) but with the other sensor (same address, same conditions, same power supply) in order to be detected the object should be exactly perpendicular to the sensor PCB (when the other sensor accepts reasonable deviations) and passed 50-60 cm it is always #FF#FF, means "out of range".
By [email protected]
OK, I have visually compared my two sensors and I think I have the answer to my question. On each PCB there is two identical ultrasonic devices (sender and/or  receives) two  black cylinders of 1 cm diameter covered with a black metallic gird). On the working sensor this devices are identical (visually speaking) when on the faulty sensor, one of the ultrasonic devices have its metallic girds much thinner :-\. I suppose then that this ultrasonic device is different and that for a proper working state the sensor need to have two identical ultrasonic devices. Right? I can try to make a precise enough picture and send it to you via email. Could you then send ma a replacement part?
Thanks.
By Hector
Hi Bart,

Ok, sure, send me a picture to techsupport AT dfrobot DOT com.

I want to have a look. But it sounds like there is a problem with the sensor. You can fill out a return form on our site.
http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=account/return/insert

You need to send back the faulty item and we will replace it for you.

Hector
By Hector
Hi Bart,

Have you gotten an answer yet? Sorry. It was a 3 day weekend here in China. You should get an answer today.

Hector