Can the APC220 kit be used for computer-to-computer communications?
I purchased the basic kit plus an extra USB-to-Serial converter, so that I can plug a separate APC220 into each of two computers. I then wrote a C# program that accesses the APC via their respective COM Ports (on the respective machines) using the SerialPort class under C#.

I have one computer use the SerialPort.Write() method to (hopefully) send data to the other one. I have the other computer so that the SerialPort.DataReceived method is invoked when data is received.

But the data never gets received.

SHOULDN'T I be able to do this? Am I doing it correctly?
Hi Roger,

Yes, you should be able to use the APC modules to communicate between two PCs.

In order to get the APC modules communicating you need to configure them. Have you done that?

I would run some tests to make sure your APC modules are talking to each other. So use a serial terminal to do the testing. Something like Putty.

Once you are sure the APC modules are communicating go ahead and try your scripts.

OK, I found Putty in the web and have installed it on my two computers. I have an APC module plugged into a USB port on each computer and can see, via device manager, that they appear as a COM Port on each computer. I start up Putty on each computer and select the appropriate COM port, and I think I have each Putty Session configured properly.

I'm expecting that typing text into either of the Putty sessions will cause that same text to appear on the other computer in its Putty session. But it doesn't. Typing text into one Putty session simply makes that text appear in that Putty session.

What am I missing?
Hi all,

I also have 2 APC220 modules and am trying to do computer to computer comms.
I have checked the settings via RF magic and both have same every thing except NODE ID. 

I have tied communicating with them using serial terminals including putty but this does not work.  I have checked that the usb converters work by performing a loop back test and wiring the tx of one and the RX of the other together and sending data through them and this works.  but as soon as the APC's are plugged back in I get nothing sent.

I also tried this [url=http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1278120259]http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1278120259[/url]

Still have nothing working.

Any Ideas of things I could try?