Background:
Placed order in mid-December, all items were in stock when order was placed. My CC was charged and payment was made to DFRobots.

Got one email confirming the order, and saying that a wifi module was back-ordered. Did I want to wait for the whole order to be shipped as one? I replied quickly, asking to have order not split, but shipped as one unit when the single back-ordered part was back in stock. No response from DFRobot and my order page has not been updated with my response.

Present:
Have sent numerous emails asking what the current status of my paid order is and when to expect the missing stock to be restocked. Now in a situation where the wifi modules are in stock, but the Jetson Nanos are now out of stock, my CC has been charged, and I am getting ZERO response from DFRobot customer service. Thankfully the order was for less time sensitive products for a test lab and prototyping.
Hi Peter,
We are so sorry for all inconvenience and the delay.
We have already contacted you via your e-mail.
We have checked several times but indeed don't find any email from your registered e-mail address. Sorry about this, we will find out the reason ASAP.
In fact, usually we will reply to all emails from customers within 24 hours.
About your order status, two NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit are out of stock and the lead time is about in early February. Other products are in stock.
We will take care of your order status and ship full order ASAP once ready.
Appreciate your time and patience in advance.
Please feel free to contact if any inquiries.
All 3 emails were sent as replies to orginal email from [email protected]

Dec/17/2020
Re: DFRobot - Order Update
Items were in stock when I paid for the items!

Want whole order shipped as one unit to decrease Canada Customs cost. When do you expect the 2 wifi units to be back in stock?

Dec/18/2020
Re: DFRobot - Order Update - resend
Items were in stock when I paid for the items!

Want whole order shipped as one unit to decrease Canada Customs cost. When do you expect the 2 wifi units to be back in stock?

Jan/06/2021
Re: DFRobot - Order Update xxxxxxx - update questions
Hello,

What is going on with my paid order? There are no updates to my order report on the website

Items were in stock when I paid for the items! Usually the customer is not charged for the order until shipment is made.

Its been over 3 weeks since I paid for the items, and now am looking at most of the items I ordered and paid for are out of stock.

When do you expect the 2 wifi units to be back in stock? Checked this morning and now the Jetson Nano units are also out of stock!

Wanted whole order shipped as one unit to decrease Canada Customs cost.

Quickly becoming a dissatisfied customer,
Jan/14/2021
Re: Order status update for Order xxxxxxx
"Appreciate your time and patience in advance" -- Zip, Nada by this point.

As I have indicated, all items were in stock when my order was placed and paid for!

Why was the stock not set aside once the order was paid for?

What is very likely to be continually happening is that one or more items will become out of stock because they are not set aside to fulfill my paid for order

On 1/14/21 1:25 AM, DFRobot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience and delay.
> We have checked several times and indeed don't find any email from the email address [email protected]. Usually we will reply to all emails from customers within 24 hours.
> About your order status, two NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit are out of stock and the lead time is about in early February. Other products are in stock.
> We will take care of your order status and ship full order asap once ready.
> Appreciate your time and patience in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> DFRobot Team
Hi Peter,

We're so sorry to keep you waiting.
Our stock is public and all channels are in use. So there may be the risk of not being able to ship in time after payment is made.
We don't know why we can't receive your emails and your order request didn't be processed timely. We apologize for the inconvenience and delay caused.
Now we have blocked the stock of ready parts in your order. Once Jetson Nano available in early February, we will ship full order asap and send you tracking information.
Thanks a lot for your patience.