Hi,

Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet ? I purchased 5 boards recently all of them have the same problem.
I need to make a quick decision whether I should continue to use this board in our integration solution or switch to another platform.

-Best
cn
By Leff
Hi cn.pers,

There are two possible reasons for this problem, the first one could be solved by yourself, if it's the second one, you can ask for your vendor a replacement.

1) Driver not installed correctly.

It happened on some windows PC that the driver was not installed correctly automatically, and if try to install driver manually, Windows would warn something related to "Unsigned Drivers Signature", you can try to Disable that windows feature and install anyway. As to how to disable Driver Signature, it's different to each win platform. Many posts about it could be googled out, here I listed some I tried before successfully.

1. Windows 7

From 5 Methods to Load Unsigned Drivers in Windows 7, 8 and Vista 64-bit (x64) > Option 1

Press F8 continuously when Windows is booting up until you get the Advanced Boot Options menu, then select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”.

(25.52 KiB) Downloaded 416 times

The problem about this method is you have to do that every time you boot up Windows and if you forget to select this option, you won’t get to load the unsigned drivers and the software that needs the driver won’t work.

YouTube video, by Colin O'Flynn.

2. Windows 8

Disabling Driver Signature on Windows 8, from Sparkfun.

3. Windows 10

Restart your computer by pressing Shift at the same time, and settings are the same as in Windows 8.

(26.31 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
2) Bootloader/firmware for CC2540 was lost/ not installed before

In this case, you can ask for a replacement from your Vendor, or fix by yourself if you have a CC Debugger, see how.

If you bought from DFRobot, please send a request to [email protected], including these info:

* Your Order ID
* Description of the problem
* Your expected solution
* Attach the link of this post