Hi, I just wanted to ask a question into this forum. I'm currently doing a project which consists of the SIM808 GPS/GPRS/GSM Arduino Shield. I am using a sample code just for me to get a better understand before I try to advance my capabilities about it.

I am currently using this code for the project
Code: Select all
#include <DFRobot_sim808.h>

//Mobile phone number, need to change
  #define PHONE_NUMBER "187*******39"

//The content of messages sent
  #define MESSAGE  "hello,world"

DFRobot_SIM808 sim808(&Serial);

void setup() {
    //mySerial.begin(9600);
    Serial.begin(9600);

//******** Initialize sim808 module *************
    while(!sim808.init()) {
        delay(1000);
        Serial.print("Sim808 init error\r\n");
    }
    Serial.println("Sim808 init success");
    Serial.println("Start to send message ...");

//******** define phone number and text **********
    sim808.sendSMS(PHONE_NUMBER,MESSAGE);
  }

void loop() {
    //nothing to do
  }
So the next bit is confusing me somewhat, I have put my own SIM card in my phone into the shield but I'm now confused is how would the SMS send to my mobile phone If the SIM isn't in it (Sorry I apologise it's probably such a stupid question? I am also getting the ("Sim808 init error\r\n"); every time I try to upload to the code in Arduino. Can someone help me out on how to fix this and make it send messages to my mobile phone on the SIM?

Thanls
Hey man, I hope I have the same skillset about SIM808 GPS/GPRS/GSM Arduino Shield - this is a great program to use if you are looking for an automated SMS service for your business. I am looking forward to see more amazing topics from you. Check the plants vs zombies download and start playing this amazing zombie game that everyone is talking about. There are lots of new plants to use to defeat a wave of zombies attacking your lawn. Read more information at computer gaming reviews