[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How to DIY a Robot Arm with FireBeetle ESP32 Board - Arduino Robot IOT Community Forum - DFRobot
To begin with, come to check my fantastic work~Image
When I was a college student, I have bought a robotic arm that costs about $85, even a small gear is more than $6. I still remember the package emphasize 10 degrees of freedom. Then I have to eat cookies for half a month... That’s too expensive! However, majority robot arm prodocts are about $150 in the market. The price is really too expensive for ordinary people to afford. How about DIY a robotic arm? Let’s do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFp7r2l ... e=youtu.be
Hardware in need:
FireBeetle ESP32 Board ×1
FireBeetle Covers-Gravity I/O Expansion Shield ×1
FireBeetle Covers-Proto Board Doubler ×1
Gravity: Analog Rotation Potentiometer Sensor ×4
Gravity: Digital Push Button (Yellow) ×1
9g micro servo ×4

Here I use FireBeetle series electronic components that convenient to plug and play. Considering use Wi-Fi of mobile phone or Bluetooth to update programs, I choose ESP32 board as the master board. Why we use cardboard as the material? The only reason is cheap, cheap!

Operating process
1. Soldering pin headers and female headers of double proto board
DERobot FireBeetle series products designed in pin-to-pin, plug and play realized by simply soldering of pin headers and female headers.
Solder the back of expansion board to long female header (to plug master board) and 3 pins to the front, two pins to VCC and GND shown as above; the other pin to digital interface Dx to compatible with Gravity sensor, it is also a gear interface.
2. Soldering ESP32 board and Gravity expansion board
Solder pins to FireBeetle- ESP32 board and female header to Gravity expansion board, shown as below:
3. Soldering hardware module
Put the master board at the bottom and plug double proto board to the board, then plug Gravity expansion board as below. Then the double prototype board can connect gear and Gravity expansion board can plug potentiometer and bottom module.
*Click here to download source code in need.
4. Make the arm
It is easy to make a robot arm, you just need to splice gears together with paperboard. You can check the video for details. What I am going to say is you would better fix the joint with hot melt adhesive, 502 glue is not sticky enough.
One more thing, circuit diagram of gears, potentiometer and bottom module:
Now, you get a robot arm! Image
Attachments
(13.69 KiB) Downloaded 8011 times
2.png
(225.91 KiB) Downloaded 8011 times