By jalwatindee
I never even held a 3D printed object, but I'd like to get myself a 3D printer to make some robotics projects. However I have no idea what quality the 3D printed objects are, how much heat they can handle etc... has anyone here printed and used something for robotics or similar purpose? is 3D printer worth getting for this purpose? what are your thoughts?
By tararamos19957
jalwatindee wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:04 pm
I never even held a 3D printed object, but I'd like to get myself a 3D printer to make some robotics projects. However I have no idea what quality the 3D printed objects are, how much heat they can handle etc... has anyone here printed and used something for robotics or similar purpose? is 3D printer worth getting for this purpose? what are your thoughts?
I think you are right
By george.dem.1984
You definitely need a printer. It is as useful in the household as a hammer.
Yes, a slightly more intelligent hammer, will require additional skills - but this is only a plus. self-development and improvement of the intellectual level prolongs life. The brain has to work.
About materials - I print everything from PETG. It is not biodegradable, does not stink, durable, edible, not capricious when printed. snot gives a decent, but that a knife and a wet sandpaper easily solved, if you do not print jewelry - it's a good option. And for speed I screwed in a 0.5 nozzle. The quality is so-so, but for my household.