Easy IoT is a simplest IoT Solution presented by DFRobot
kaczmarek.mateusz.dev wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:54 am
Power: for now shield is plugged into my Arduino Uno (shield pins to Arduino pins). Arduino is connected to my PC with USB A-B. I think there is no problem with power supply, because NB-IOT SIM7000 module is able to get data from BME 280 sensor.

Provider: I bought standard SIM card with 30gb internet data package. Provider is Play - polish cellular telecommunications provider.
Can I know your NB-IoT service provider in Poland?
Hi All,
I managed to solve this by changing the baud rate to 9600 within the turnON function on line 239 of 'DFRobot_SIM7000.cpp'
It has worked the first time I have tried, hopefully this will persist.

See full code below. Includes debug comments from VN (thanks) and delay(3000) from ealier other poster. I don't know if this is still required.

bool DFRobot_SIM7000::turnON(void)
{
pinMode(12,OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(12, HIGH);
delay(2000);
digitalWrite(12, LOW);
int i=3;
while(1){
Serial.println(F("The first While(1) of TurnON fnxn has commenced")); //DEBUG
i = 6;
delay(200);
//baudrate = 19200;
baudrate = 9600;
setRate(baudrate);
send_cmd("AT\r\n");
while(i){
Serial.println(F("in While i")); //DEBUG
if(check_send_cmd("AT\r\n","OK",1,1000)){
return true;
}
Serial.println(F("in if(check_send_cmd ")); //DEBUG
delay(3000);
i--;
}
pinMode(12,OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(12, HIGH);
delay(2000);
digitalWrite(12, LOW);
}
}
Hey I had a similar issue, and was also getting it to work with the fona library.

What fixed it for me was getting rid of the set baud from 115200 to 19200, finding that number by using putty to talk to the sim7000 shield through usb serial monitor and asking "AT+IPR?" to find the baud rate setting.
Hope this helps, and is understandable.
By et
Hi. I have been battling with the start-up behaviour of SIMCOM modules for about 7 years now.
The same problems have been propagated through the SIM908, SIM928, SIM808 and now the SIM7000.
In many respects, these modules are not simple to use, and support from the manufactures and distributors is almost non existent.

However, there are two manuals which must be read carefully and understand thoroughly, and even then using the modules is not straight forward.

The manuals, available as PDFs are SIM7000 Hardware Design_V1.05 and SIM7000 Series_AT Command Manual_V1.00

Pay particular attention to the information about changing between AutoBauding and Fixed Baud rate, and note that mode changes may or may not be saved at switch off.
(There is a section in the manual explaining which parameters may be saved.)

Also note that when the Module is powered down the VDD_EXT voltage (1.8v on pin 15, is turned off).
On the shield this is used to bias the level translators Q8 and Q9, and without these being operational, no serial data will get to the SIM7000.

It is also prudent to hold the PWRKEY low for 3 seconds to comply with the worst case requirements.

The STATUS pin (66) should indicate whether the module is ON or OFF, but on the shield this pin is not wired to an Arduino data pin. To use this pin, a level translator (1.8 to 5v) will be required as per U8 & U9.

In addition to the USB Power, the Arduino board MUST be supplied with external power (7 - 12v) on the power input jack

I hope this helps.