james.stanley wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:26 am
Huskylens tag recognition, polling to see whether there are new tags or changes to tag parameters. ...
Have you tested (polling rate = xx ms):
- time from last no tag visible, to first tag_id_0 (single tag, none learned yet) returned?
- time from last no tag visible, to first tag_id_1 (single learned tag) returned?
- time from one tag_id_1 at position x0,y0 to first tag_id_1 at position x1,y1 returned?
- time from last no tag visible, to first tag_id_2 (single learned tag from multiple learned tags) returned?
- time from last no tag visible, to first multiple_learned_tags returned for two tags in view?
And to determine if polling rate affects the recognition timing, did you repeat one or more tests with polling rate set at twice, half and one-third the rate of the corresponding test above. If the time goes up for twice and down for half rate, it will be evidence that polling too often affects the recognition rate. If the time does not change more than the variance for a set of tests, then polling rate does not affect recognition rate.
Additionally, did you test if there any affect on the recognition rate between the "basic firmware" and the "object classification firmware"?
All this is to suggest that your question of the optimum polling rate may not have a single answer, and may vary from release to release.
The community would benefit greatly if you or someone would post their findings.