The “Beetle” is a minimalized version of Arduino Leonardo, and has same powerful functionalities as Leonardo. It is ideal for DIY projects, wearable projects and etc. Its key features are：
- 20mm X 22mm compact size
- Direct downloading and testing via Micro USB
- V-shaped large-size gold-plated IO ports make it convenient for the user to twist wires upon, and can also be directly sewn on clothes with conductive thread.
- Two honeycomb shape gold-plated power interface
- Magic light blue soft BLINK indicator
Beetle is fully compatible with Arduino,please select “Arduino Leonardo” when using.
|Clock Speed||16 MHz|
|Operating Voltage||5V DC|
|Digital I/O Pins||10|
|Analog Input Channels||5|
|Flash Memory||32 KB of which 4KB used by bootloader|
- IO Port Mapping in correspondence with Arduino Port:
|Silkscreen||Digital Pin||PWM Channel||Analog Channel||UART||I2C|
- Power interface description:
Power supply via micro USB or power interface.
Beetle is fully compatible with Arduino Leonardo，see link for more details in connection：http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows#toc4, the only difference is to select "Arduino Leonardo "（"tools 〉 board 〉 Arduino Leonardo" in Arduino IDE）.
All codes for Arduino Leonardo can apply to Beetle.
- This product uses DC power supply with a working voltage of 5V. 6V will damage the product by overvoltage. This product works reliably between 4.5V-5V; it may work under 3V-4.5V, but the reliability is not guaranteed.
- For large load applications (such as motor control), you need to connect the loaded VCC and GND directly with power supply, and parallel with capacitor over 10uF, in order to prevent restart or malfunction caused by large load transient.
- In Arduino environment, Beetle has the same features as Leonardo with multiple serial ports, Serial used for USB virtual port; Serial1 used for RX/TX port.