ArduinoGeneral

Non-contact Liquid Level Sensor

userHead ljagostini 2016-08-24 01:57:27 6558 Views19 Replies
Hi,
I would like to know if the Gravity: Non-contact Liquid Level Sensor SKU: SEN0204 has the capabiity to store the calibration settings.

I need to build an application that will monitor the level on a container that will have no public access (country side) and will transmit the monitoring level by wi-fi. The site is very unsatble on power supply and will have several shortages a day.
While with no power, the level could go down (with power off) and when the power is back on, I will need to know the level statu, in this example, the sensor should report empty.
Thanks
Leandro
2016-12-14 11:39:22 Hi mkhalilsm,

Sorry, the sensor is used to detect the level of the liquid using the output of the high and low level. When the liquid level is detected, the output will be high, cant give the level readings. So may I know whats your specific needs? Want to get the level readings? And for your another post, the non-contact sensor we only have capacitive sensor, so what kind of sensor do you need?

Looking forward to your reply. :)
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-12-14 11:39:22 Hi mkhalilsm,

Sorry, the sensor is used to detect the level of the liquid using the output of the high and low level. When the liquid level is detected, the output will be high, cant give the level readings. So may I know whats your specific needs? Want to get the level readings? And for your another post, the non-contact sensor we only have capacitive sensor, so what kind of sensor do you need?

Looking forward to your reply. :)
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-12-14 06:22:47 Does this sensor have the ability to give the level readings or it is a binary high/low. I am interested in measuring the liquid level? userHeadPic mkhalilsm
2016-12-14 06:22:47 Does this sensor have the ability to give the level readings or it is a binary high/low. I am interested in measuring the liquid level? userHeadPic mkhalilsm
2016-11-14 11:44:40 Hi De Volder Rudy,

only if the solution is electric, you will be able to detect the level. You dont need to press the button with high or low fluid level. And yes, you need to press the set switch 4 times to switch to the highest sensitivity. The steps as follows:

Please press the SET button on the board, sensitivity is divided into four, the highest level is four. When the LED on the probe flash 4 times, it proves you set successfully.

Hope this will help you.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-14 11:44:40 Hi De Volder Rudy,

only if the solution is electric, you will be able to detect the level. You dont need to press the button with high or low fluid level. And yes, you need to press the set switch 4 times to switch to the highest sensitivity. The steps as follows:

Please press the SET button on the board, sensitivity is divided into four, the highest level is four. When the LED on the probe flash 4 times, it proves you set successfully.

Hope this will help you.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-12 21:27:52 The manual says; "There are 4 levels of sensitivity which are set by pressing the SET button."
It means I need to press the set switch 4 times to switch to the highest sensitivity? :roll:
Or maybe the right sensitivity level is automatically chosen when pressing the button once, more like a calibration; not really calibrating but it takes automatically the best settings from the 4 presets of parameters. Than the next question is : do I need to press the button with high or low fluid level?
:?
userHeadPic De Volder Rudy
2016-11-12 21:27:52 The manual says; "There are 4 levels of sensitivity which are set by pressing the SET button."
It means I need to press the set switch 4 times to switch to the highest sensitivity? :roll:
Or maybe the right sensitivity level is automatically chosen when pressing the button once, more like a calibration; not really calibrating but it takes automatically the best settings from the 4 presets of parameters. Than the next question is : do I need to press the button with high or low fluid level?
:?
userHeadPic De Volder Rudy
2016-09-18 19:25:50 Hi Sir,

This sensor no need to calibrate and set to high or low, after uploading the code to the board, the sensor will work. Once the power is back on, it will still work fine.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-09-18 19:25:50 Hi Sir,

This sensor no need to calibrate and set to high or low, after uploading the code to the board, the sensor will work. Once the power is back on, it will still work fine.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-09-14 03:55:46 Thanks.
How the sensor is set to high or low? and once we calibrate to high (full), and low (empty) it will keep the settings even if the power goes off? Once the power is back on, the setting will remaing the same?
userHeadPic ljagostini
2016-09-14 03:55:46 Thanks.
How the sensor is set to high or low? and once we calibrate to high (full), and low (empty) it will keep the settings even if the power goes off? Once the power is back on, the setting will remaing the same?
userHeadPic ljagostini
2016-09-01 14:32:41 Hi ljagostini,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

If the sensor detects the liquid level, it will output HIGH and turn the LED ON; when the recipient goes empty, the sensor will output LOW and turn the LED off.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-09-01 14:32:41 Hi ljagostini,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

If the sensor detects the liquid level, it will output HIGH and turn the LED ON; when the recipient goes empty, the sensor will output LOW and turn the LED off.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-09-01 03:12:26 Thanks Wendy.
I could, but my question is:
1- turn on the sensor with recipient full
2- power go off
3- recipient goes empty
4- power back on
5- What would be the sensor status reading? it will detect that it´s empty?
userHeadPic ljagostini
2016-09-01 03:12:26 Thanks Wendy.
I could, but my question is:
1- turn on the sensor with recipient full
2- power go off
3- recipient goes empty
4- power back on
5- What would be the sensor status reading? it will detect that it´s empty?
userHeadPic ljagostini
2016-08-24 16:13:53 Hi Leandro,

Sorry, the sensor doesnt have the capabiity to store the calibration settings. Maybe you can store the data on your computer?
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-08-24 16:13:53 Hi Leandro,

Sorry, the sensor doesnt have the capabiity to store the calibration settings. Maybe you can store the data on your computer?
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-08-24 01:57:27 Hi,
I would like to know if the Gravity: Non-contact Liquid Level Sensor SKU: SEN0204 has the capabiity to store the calibration settings.

I need to build an application that will monitor the level on a container that will have no public access (country side) and will transmit the monitoring level by wi-fi. The site is very unsatble on power supply and will have several shortages a day.
While with no power, the level could go down (with power off) and when the power is back on, I will need to know the level statu, in this example, the sensor should report empty.
Thanks
Leandro
userHeadPic ljagostini