ArduinoGeneral

DId I get a DUD CurieNano from DFRobot?

userHead Asterion 2016-10-29 15:29:17 6616 Views19 Replies
I seem to have received a dud. I downloaded the latest arduino ide. Followed the example on the wiki to load blink (including the Intel curie board core). I get the device recognized by windoze 10. I turns up in the Port menu of IDE. I have selected the correct board.

Get board info returns:

BN: Arduino/Genuino 101
VID: 8087
PID: 0AB6
SN: 00.01

Error on screen is:
Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

Sketch uses 17,628 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 155,648 bytes.
Starting download script...
Flashing is taking longer than expected
Try pressing MASTER_RESET button
ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101 on COM7

When I try to load the flashing led pauses for a moment, and then continues on flashing. I changed the blink times to make sure but the led blinks once a second (the default blink on the board).

Any ideas please?

Same problem on 1.6.9 IDE.

Same problem no matter which programmer I choose.

I have tried 4 different USB cables.
2016-11-11 18:32:01 Hi Asterion,

I did a test on my win10 /win8 computer, IDE 1.6.10, then everthing works fine. Someone say thats the problem of the firmware version, but its a pity, i cant find the firmware version. Sorry, I havent met this problem before, so I ask my colleague for help, it seems cant help you to solve your problem. :(

Here are two links I searched, maybe you can make a reference first, if its still same problem, I will give you a replacement.make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'http://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/18959/error-timed-out-waiting-for-arduino-101-anything-i-can-do', '', ' class="postlink"')
make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=368654.0', '', ' class="postlink"')

Waiting for your reply.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-11 18:32:01 Hi Asterion,

I did a test on my win10 /win8 computer, IDE 1.6.10, then everthing works fine. Someone say thats the problem of the firmware version, but its a pity, i cant find the firmware version. Sorry, I havent met this problem before, so I ask my colleague for help, it seems cant help you to solve your problem. :(

Here are two links I searched, maybe you can make a reference first, if its still same problem, I will give you a replacement.make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'http://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/18959/error-timed-out-waiting-for-arduino-101-anything-i-can-do', '', ' class="postlink"')
make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, '
', 'http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=368654.0', '', ' class="postlink"')

Waiting for your reply.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-11 10:35:43 Hi Asterion,

Sorry again, you only need to measure the module in different system, no need to test on all your computers.

Any update I will reply you ASAP.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-11 10:35:43 Hi Asterion,

Sorry again, you only need to measure the module in different system, no need to test on all your computers.

Any update I will reply you ASAP.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-11 07:12:18 If you read the previous message, I have already tried on a second PC (laptop).

Shall I try a third?

I will try a third and forth PC, I have a couple of windows machines I haven't tried yet.

I have 32 and 64 bit linux boxes, so I will try on all of them too.
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-11-11 07:12:18 If you read the previous message, I have already tried on a second PC (laptop).

Shall I try a third?

I will try a third and forth PC, I have a couple of windows machines I haven't tried yet.

I have 32 and 64 bit linux boxes, so I will try on all of them too.
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-11-07 13:57:26 Hi Asterion,

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

I asked my colleague for help, he said probably its the problem of IDE environment. Maybe you can change other PC to try again and we will do some test to make sure the using environment. I'm sorry, maybe you'll have to wait a while, since if its the problem of the IDE environment, it will be same problem even if we give you a replacement. Hope for your understanding.

Once we know the reason, we will reply you immediately via the email.

Contact us if you have any problem.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-07 13:57:26 Hi Asterion,

Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

I asked my colleague for help, he said probably its the problem of IDE environment. Maybe you can change other PC to try again and we will do some test to make sure the using environment. I'm sorry, maybe you'll have to wait a while, since if its the problem of the IDE environment, it will be same problem even if we give you a replacement. Hope for your understanding.

Once we know the reason, we will reply you immediately via the email.

Contact us if you have any problem.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-06 06:48:34 I had mentioned I had done that exact series of steps from the Device driver.

I also downloaded Arduino IDE onto a windows laptop to take my PC out of the equation. Same problem.

Contact me please on my email to give me instructions for returning under warrantee please.
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-11-06 06:48:34 I had mentioned I had done that exact series of steps from the Device driver.

I also downloaded Arduino IDE onto a windows laptop to take my PC out of the equation. Same problem.

Contact me please on my email to give me instructions for returning under warrantee please.
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-11-03 16:12:22 Sorry for my unclear description. I mean when you are going to update the driver, need to modify the path of the driver files, the steps as follows:

1. Please refer to our wiki, install the Intel Curie motherboard programming libraries and drivers first.
2. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
3. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver Software.
4. Select browse my computer for driver software. Click next.
5. Browse for driver software on your computer. Choose the search path to the files shown in the following path, not the IDE drivers, click next.
6. Always install the driver software
7. If there is "The best driver software for your device is all already intalled", proves Driver installation successfully.

If you did the above all steps , then still cant upload the code, maybe the board is a defective one, under the warranty, you are entitled to require a replacement.

Waiting for your reply.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-03 16:12:22 Sorry for my unclear description. I mean when you are going to update the driver, need to modify the path of the driver files, the steps as follows:

1. Please refer to our wiki, install the Intel Curie motherboard programming libraries and drivers first.
2. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
3. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver Software.
4. Select browse my computer for driver software. Click next.
5. Browse for driver software on your computer. Choose the search path to the files shown in the following path, not the IDE drivers, click next.
6. Always install the driver software
7. If there is "The best driver software for your device is all already intalled", proves Driver installation successfully.

If you did the above all steps , then still cant upload the code, maybe the board is a defective one, under the warranty, you are entitled to require a replacement.

Waiting for your reply.
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-02 17:57:58 Sorry. I don't understand your explanation. There are dozens of files under the directory you pointed me at. Which full file paths do I need to use and in what order please?

There are *.inf files, *.exe files etc.

Step by step please.

I did try from Device manager, after first deleting driver using Device manager. Pointed Device manager at the driver folder. It installed and same problem.

So are you suggesting manually running install from driver folders in some order?
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-11-02 17:57:58 Sorry. I don't understand your explanation. There are dozens of files under the directory you pointed me at. Which full file paths do I need to use and in what order please?

There are *.inf files, *.exe files etc.

Step by step please.

I did try from Device manager, after first deleting driver using Device manager. Pointed Device manager at the driver folder. It installed and same problem.

So are you suggesting manually running install from driver folders in some order?
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-11-02 16:48:42 When you are going to install the driver manually, do not select the file system select automatically. system prompt you to choose the driver files, dont choose the IDE driver files, just chose the files as follows. Since we have a colleague that he met the problem before, then he chose this driver files, then everthing is ok.

I know the driver has installed, I just want to make sure the driver you installed is the address as follows, right? If its still the same problem, under the warranty, you are entitled to require a replacement.
('0', 'QQ图片20161101183004.png')
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-11-02 16:48:42 When you are going to install the driver manually, do not select the file system select automatically. system prompt you to choose the driver files, dont choose the IDE driver files, just chose the files as follows. Since we have a colleague that he met the problem before, then he chose this driver files, then everthing is ok.

I know the driver has installed, I just want to make sure the driver you installed is the address as follows, right? If its still the same problem, under the warranty, you are entitled to require a replacement.
('0', 'QQ图片20161101183004.png')
userHeadPic Wendy.Hu
2016-10-31 18:52:24 Just an observation. I scrutinised the board and found one of the inductors has a hairline crack in it. Do all the boards in a batch go through quality control or does DFR only check a percentage? Not sure this would contribute the problem though.

I have to admit I went up and bought a 5th cable, still no luck. So it isn't the cable. I can talk to my other arduino boards on the same USB port with the same IDE so there is definitely something fishy about the curienano that I was sent I believe.
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-10-31 18:52:24 Just an observation. I scrutinised the board and found one of the inductors has a hairline crack in it. Do all the boards in a batch go through quality control or does DFR only check a percentage? Not sure this would contribute the problem though.

I have to admit I went up and bought a 5th cable, still no luck. So it isn't the cable. I can talk to my other arduino boards on the same USB port with the same IDE so there is definitely something fishy about the curienano that I was sent I believe.
userHeadPic Asterion
2016-10-29 15:29:17 I seem to have received a dud. I downloaded the latest arduino ide. Followed the example on the wiki to load blink (including the Intel curie board core). I get the device recognized by windoze 10. I turns up in the Port menu of IDE. I have selected the correct board.

Get board info returns:

BN: Arduino/Genuino 101
VID: 8087
PID: 0AB6
SN: 00.01

Error on screen is:
Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

Sketch uses 17,628 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 155,648 bytes.
Starting download script...
Flashing is taking longer than expected
Try pressing MASTER_RESET button

When I try to load the flashing led pauses for a moment, and then continues on flashing. I changed the blink times to make sure but the led blinks once a second (the default blink on the board).

Any ideas please?

Same problem on 1.6.9 IDE.

Same problem no matter which programmer I choose.

I have tried 4 different USB cables.
userHeadPic Asterion