ArduinoGeneral

Problem reading TF Mini Plus UART

userHead james.stanley 2020-05-13 13:37:33 1848 Views3 Replies
I am trying to use the UART interface to read data from a TF Mini Plus distance sensor. I connect the sensor to my Windows PC using a USB/TTL converter. The manufacturer's WINCC_TF.exe test program connects to the TF Mini Plus through the converter's COM port and displays distance data without any problem.

However, when I try to read sensor data using a terminal emulator (Tera Term) instead of the WINCC_TF program, the terminal program does not receive any data unless I have run WINCC_TF first after powering up the sensor. It seems as though WINCC_TF does something to start or enable the sensor to make and transmit distance measurements -- though nothing like this is discussed in the product manuals.

Is some sort of startup command required to get data from the sensor?

Thanks for any word as to what might be going on here.
2021-09-28 19:46:08 Problems are everywhere, both in your program and in the programs of universities and other educational institutions. Because it is very important, in the modern world, to conduct online diagnostics of exams in higher educational institutions. People just can't cope on their own anymore https://techzimo.com/the-importance-of- ... education/ which forces them to resort to technology. This simplifies learning, because students and teachers more quickly gather information about what they know and how to proceed with the subject. Very useful and modern for our world. :) userHeadPic olgertshepard