Interfacing DFRobot SIM7000 Arduino shield with ESP32

userHead Account cancelled 2021-09-24 19:42:04 987 Views2 Replies
Hi everyone,

I am using the Arduino shield from DFRobot with the SIM7000 module. I managed to get through the tutorials attached to the product with my Arduino UNO board. Now I would like to combine it with the rest of my project's IoT components being developed on or interfaced with ESP32 as the main component.

I was struggling during my attempts to redefine the Tx/Rx pins and SoftwareSerial from the example codes to make any of icompile for the ESP32 boards and I did not manage to do it successfully.

What needs to be done in order to succesfully switch from Arduino UNO to ESP32? Does this kind of approach has any limitations? Would any of the shield's features be lost in case of doing it?

I would appreciate any feedback on how to infterface the shield with ESP32 so that I can use it for the further development of my project.
Thanks in advance!
2022-12-23 12:23:06

Android app development company is a reputed company in the market. You can hire the services of this company for developing innovative android applications. The team of experts is proficient in providing high-quality java apps, mobile portals, and desktop applications. Now you can check https://hiretop.com/blog/web-developer-salaries-guide/ and learn more about development. The developers use the latest technologies to design customized mobile applications according to the client's requirements.

userHeadPic PhyllisGould
2022-05-24 12:30:04

Power supply: if you do not use gsm as fall back the current requirement is low, so you can use the 5 V. The ESP{ is 3.3V logic and the board is designed for 5V logic. Ther 5V logic can work with the 3.3V from the tx from the esp. The esp32 needs to be voltage limited to 3.3V, easiest with a 10k resistor and a 3.3V Zener diode to protect the input of the esp32. The cde is easier, as you can just wire the serial from the sp32 to the 7/8 pins of the shield. The sim7000 has a cpu voltage pin to indicate the io voltage that is required. In the sim board it is connected to 5V… bummer but easy to solve.

userHeadPic robertfaass