FAQ

Analog TDS Sensor FAQ【SEN0244】

userHead Winster 2022-09-09 10:26:40 3319 Views0 Replies

Q1:Does this sensor have a temperature sensor? How to make the temperature compensation?

A1:This TDS probe has no temperature sensor, but the temperature compensation algorithm is reserved in the sample code. The temperature variable in the sample code will default to 25 °C without a temperature sensor. You can add a waterproof temperature sensor to read the temperature,then update the temperature variable, to make automatic temperature compensation.

Q2:Is it possible to measure ppm above 1000?

A2:Sorry, the recognition range of this sensor is 0~1000ppm. If the actual TDS value in water exceeds 1000, the sensor cannot recognize it and can only output the highest value of 1000ppm.

Q3:Can the sensor be immersed in water for a long time to measure?

A3:Yes, the sensor can be immersed in water for long periods of time.

Q4:My sensor keeps outputting NAN or OVF, what should I do?

A4:Please upload the code below to clear the Epprom cache, then re-upload the Wiki example code to see if the output returns to normal.

#include <EEPROM.h>
#define TDSADDR 0x08
void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(115200);
 for(int i = 0;i < 8; i++ )
 {
    EEPROM.write(TDSADDR+i, 0xFF);// write defaullt value to the EEPROM
    delay(10);
 }
}
void loop()
{
 static int a = 0, value = 0;
 value = EEPROM.read(TDSADDR+a);
 Serial.print(TDSADDR+a,HEX);
 Serial.print(":");
 Serial.print(value);// print the new value of EEPROM block used by TDS meter. The correct is 255. 
 Serial.println();
 delay(10);
 a = a + 1;
 if (a == 8)
   while(1);
}

Q5:How to write code for TDS measurement using ESP32 or ESP32-E?

A5:It is recommended to use the ADS1115  with it. Please download the code file for reference.

If you have other questions, just feel free to post them in our forum for consultation. We will reply them as soon as possible and improve the product FAQ gradually.

icon TDSSensor&ESP32.zip 2KB Download(0)