General uPyCraft

UnicodeEncodeError with installing uPyCraft

userHead KamaalJema 2022-11-04 15:32:26 1436 Views2 Replies

I really need help. I want to program my nodeMCU with python using uPyCraft. When I install it and wanted to run the app it give me an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "uPyCraft.py", line 2965, in <module>  File "uPyCraft.py", line 140, in __init__  File "uPyCraft.py", line 902, in createBasicConfig  File "C:\Python34\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 19, in encode UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position 286-290: character maps to <undefined>

2023-02-21 11:12:51

Hi

You can try to install the font “SourceCodePro” for ALL USER.

I see someone else solve the same problem as you using this method.

Hope it will work.

userHeadPic NeloKin
2022-12-22 15:33:58

I wanted to install uPyCraft on my W10 Pro PC. First I did install the latest version of Python3.7.3 as of today and then I downloaded the file uPyCraft and unzipped it to uPyCraft.exe. When trying to have the IDe installed I get the error message that I have to install the font “SourceCodePro” Checking my W10 pro I got the message the font was already installed. What can I do to fix this?

Here the content of the uPyCraft.log:

Traceback (most recent call last):File “uPyCraft.py”, line 2835, inFile “uPyCraft.py”, line 87, in __init__File “uPyCraft.py”, line 217, in setFontFileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:/Users/Hellmut Kohlsdorf/AppData/Roaming/SPB_Data/Desktop/SourceCodePro.ttf’Traceback (most recent call last):File “uPyCraft.py”, line 2835, inFile “uPyCraft.py”, line 87, in __init__File “uPyCraft.py”, line 217, in setFontFileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘C:/Users/Hellmut Kohlsdorf/AppData/Roaming/SPB_Data/Desktop/SourceCodePro.ttf’Traceback (most recent call last):File “uPyCraft.py”, line 2835, inFile “uPyCraft.py”, line 87, in __init__File “uPyCraft.py”, line 217, in setFontFileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] https://omegle.ws No such file or https://voojio.com/chatroom/omegle directory: ‘C:/Users/Hellmut Kohlsdorf/AppData/Roaming/ SPB_Data/Desktop/SourceCodePro.ttf’

userHeadPic KamaalJema