FAQ

Analog Electrical Conductivity Sensor K=10 FAQ【DFR0300-H】

userHead Winster 2022-12-16 10:52:38 1798 Views0 Replies

Q1:How long does the probe need to be calibrated? 

A1: The calibration interval is determined by the frequency of use. Normally, you can calibrate it once a month. If used frequently, it can be calibrated once a week. When calibrating, fresh standard buffer solution is recommended.  

Q2:How to achieve automatic temperature compensation? 

A2:The temperature compensation algorithm has been integrated in the DFRobot_EC library.You only need to transfer the voltage and temperature to float readEC (float voltage, float temperature) at the same time, to obtain the electrical conductivity with temperature compensation.  

Q3:During the calibration, is it necessary to complete two points calibration? Can I complete only one point calibration? 

A3:The two points calibration must be completed because the two points respectively correspond to standard buffer solution 1413us/cm and 12.88ms/cm. The two points calibration ensure the accuracy of the entire measurement range. Therefore, two points calibration must be completed.  

Q4:During the first calibration, the calibration always failed. /The sensor always reads NAN the first time it is used, What could be the reason? 

A4:When calibrating, the relevant parameters are stored in the specified position in EEPROM. If other data previously saved in the same position in EEPROM, there may be a conflict, resulting in an inability to calibrate properly. Use the following code to erase the contents in the specified position in EEPROM. Run it once, then upload the sample code again to restart the calibration.  Different from DFR0300‘s program.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

#include <EEPROM.h>     

#define KVALUEADDR 0x0F     

void setup(){         

for(byte i = 0;i< 8; i++ ){           

EEPROM.write(KVALUEADDR+i, 0xFF);         

}     

}     

void loop(){     

}
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Q5:Can this sensor measure for a long time?

A5:The electrode matched with this sensor is a laboratory-grade electrode, please do not put it in the liquid for a long time to measure, otherwise the service life of the electrode will be shortened.

Q6:The sensor does not read or the reading is inaccurate.

A6:1. Please check your sensor version and select the correct Wiki (the library file code of K=1 and K=10 version sensors are different);
2. Please clear the epprom of the board and re-upload the Wiki sample code and calibrate;
3. Please use a hot hair dryer to heat the adapter board and re-measure to exclude the influence of moisture on the sensor.
4. If the above method still cannot be used normally, please contact our email address:[email protected]

If you have other questions, just feel free to post them in our forum for consultation. We will reply them as soon as possible and improve the product FAQ gradually.