TroubleshootingGravity

SEN0257 Gravity Pressure Sensor Not working

userHead Mark.Shuter 2023-10-28 22:42:38 217 Views3 Replies

I purchased two SEN0257 Sensors.  

When I apply 5V between VCC and GND, I get a reading of 0.027V between GND and Signal using my multimeter.  The output is supposed to be between 0.5V and 4.5V, so my reading is way too low.  When I apply water pressure to the sensor, the output voltage does not change.  

If I measure current going through the sensor, I get 85mA.  This is also out of line with the specification that indicates Quiescent Current: 2.8 mA.  Both the sensors behave the same way.

Am I doing something wrong?

2023-10-30 17:36:00

It is less common for two sensors to fail at the same time. Can you increase the water pressure and see if the voltage goes up.Also, are you supplying 5V to the Red wire (VCC), and Black (GND).The Yellow wire is the signal wire.

userHeadPic Yeez_B
Mark.Shuter wrote:

Thanks Yeez_B

From the 5V power supply, I connect positive to the red wire and negative to the black wire.  Then I measure the voltage between the yellow wire and the black wire.

I have attached the sensor to the output pipe of my demand pump set at 350kPa and it doesn't go up.  I don't think it will help to use higher pressure, as that is the range that I am needing to measure at.

2023-10-31 04:00:49
Yeez_B wrote:

I think your operation is fine and you can send a video of the test to:

[email protected]

If it is determined that both SEN0257 have hardware failures, you can seek after-sales service from the store where you purchased them.

2023-10-31 10:41:58
2 Replies