PCB ServicesGeneral

Beetle ESP32 C6 mini (DFR1117) ecad library with symbol and pcb footprint

userHead Denis.Rosca 2024-10-10 12:22:04 2581 Views2 Replies

I'm looking to integrate the Beetle ESP32 C6 mini into a personal project by designing a carrier board for it.
The problem I have is that I can't find any libraries (Eagle, KiCad  or others) that would include the symbols and PCB footprint of the DFR1117?

Does anyone know if these exist? I'd like to avoid having to build one by myself.

2026-09-14 04:43:36

I couldn’t confirm a ready-made KiCad/Eagle library for the complete DFR1117. The official DFRobot wiki does provide a dimension drawing, schematic and pinout, which are useful for checking any community footprint you find. Make sure the drawing matches your board revision.

 

If you’re mounting it on headers, you can avoid creating a custom library entirely: use standard connector symbols and matching header/socket footprints, positioned according to the mechanical drawing. Add the Beetle’s outline and allow clearance for the USB connector, underside components and antenna.

 

If you need everything represented as one component, this PCBWay tutorial on creating a KiCad footprint(https://www.pcbway.com/blog/PCB_Design_Tutorial/KiCad_Tutorial___How_to_create_your_own_Footprint_in_KiCad_1.html) covers pad placement and linking the footprint to a schematic symbol. That’s a fallback rather than a downloadable DFR1117 library.

 

Before ordering, print the footprint at 1:1 scale and check it against the actual board. Also, an ESP32-C6-MINI-1 module footprint won’t substitute for the complete Beetle board.

userHeadPic ahsrab.rifat
2026-07-03 00:08:39

https://wiki.dfrobot.com/dfr1117/#tech_specs

userHeadPic Kausty