General

What should I be feeding my rabbit every day?

userHead Chlor.Ella 2026-10-08 19:57:01 4 Views6 Replies

I recently got a rabbit and I’m still trying to figure out the best daily routine for him. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information online about pellets, vegetables, hay, and treats. I want to make sure I’m giving him everything he needs without accidentally feeding too much of the wrong thing. What should I personally feed my rabbit each day to keep him healthy in the long run?

2026-10-08 20:04:01

[Rabbit](https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/)

userHeadPic Next.Question
2026-10-08 20:02:50

>> Here is link to click <a href="https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/">https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/</a> <<

userHeadPic Next.Question
2026-10-08 20:02:23

>> Here is link to click [url=rabbit.org/care/food-diet/]rabbit.org/care/food-diet/[/url] <<

userHeadPic Next.Question
2026-10-08 20:02:05

>> Here is link to click [url]https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/[/url] <<

userHeadPic Next.Question
2026-10-08 20:01:52

>> Here is link to click [url=https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/]https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/[/url] <<

userHeadPic Next.Question
2026-10-08 20:00:52

For my rabbits, I’ve found that keeping the diet fairly simple works best. The Rabbit.org Foundation has a really useful guide explaining how to properly feed rabbits and what proportion of their diet should come from hay, vegetables, pellets, and treats: https://rabbit.org/care/food-diet/

What surprised me most was how important hay really is, because it should make up the vast majority of an adult rabbit’s diet. I now make sure fresh grass hay is available all the time rather than treating it as just another type of food. I also give fresh leafy greens every day and only a relatively small amount of good-quality pellets. Fruit and other sweet foods are something I personally keep as an occasional treat rather than part of the normal diet.

Since changing to that approach, feeding has become much easier because I’m no longer constantly wondering whether I should add something else. I’d still adjust the amounts or diet with a rabbit-savvy veterinarian if my rabbit developed health or weight problems.

userHeadPic Next.Question