General

how to use Xbee with X-CTU via i/o expansion shield V5.0

userHead Tanan 2013-01-06 03:54:19 18341 Views19 Replies
in x-ctu when i press Test/Query is shown unable to communicate with modem (the red light in Xbee Shield is flashing)

how can i config this?
2013-01-14 11:42:46 @Tanan

Hi, you could figure the working state of the xbee via the xbee adapter and x-ctu first. Then directly use the serial communication to drive the xbee modules with AT mode.

If you want to use the API mode, then according to the command list of the Xbee datasheet, use Arduino processor to send commands to Xbee connected. If the commands is recognized, Xbee will send the message you want.
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-14 11:42:46 @Tanan

Hi, you could figure the working state of the xbee via the xbee adapter and x-ctu first. Then directly use the serial communication to drive the xbee modules with AT mode.

If you want to use the API mode, then according to the command list of the Xbee datasheet, use Arduino processor to send commands to Xbee connected. If the commands is recognized, Xbee will send the message you want.
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-13 04:04:05 hello again
Lauren

I've some question
1.how need to set x-ctu for communicate arduino via xbee (AT command or API) or never ?
  If never how i can use xbee with arduino without x-ctu

sorry for bad english

Thanks
Tanan
userHeadPic Tanan
2013-01-13 04:04:05 hello again
Lauren

I've some question
1.how need to set x-ctu for communicate arduino via xbee (AT command or API) or never ?
  If never how i can use xbee with arduino without x-ctu

sorry for bad english

Thanks
Tanan
userHeadPic Tanan
2013-01-11 17:11:53 @ivanwong1989

It seems that the hardware connection is fine....... I can't figure out the problem!  ???
Do you IO shield work properly? Can you program the microcontroller without jumper cable?
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-11 17:11:53 @ivanwong1989

It seems that the hardware connection is fine....... I can't figure out the problem!  ???
Do you IO shield work properly? Can you program the microcontroller without jumper cable?
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-10 23:53:52 [quote="Lauren"]
@ivanwong1989

Hi, could you please take a picture for your hardware connection and post it here?
PS: Why do you need to config the xbee s2 module when stacked on Romeo?  ???
[/quote]

here. The jumper wires reversed following your previous picture. But is still won't work.

Haha, I want to make it easy to configure as I'm still testing things out. Not familiar with XBee.

userHeadPic ivanwong1989
2013-01-10 23:53:52 [quote="Lauren"]
@ivanwong1989

Hi, could you please take a picture for your hardware connection and post it here?
[/quote]

here. The jumper wires reversed following your previous picture. But is still won't work.

Haha, I want to make it easy to configure as I'm still testing things out. Not familiar with XBee.

userHeadPic ivanwong1989
2013-01-08 18:52:50 @ivanwong1989

userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-08 18:52:50 @ivanwong1989

userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-08 18:12:36 :'( Hello all, I have a Romeo v1.0 with I/O expansion board v5.0, with an Xbee Series 2.

I've followed the instructions of reversing the two connections above via jumper cables, but X-Ctu still can't interface with the Xbee through the stacked board. If i place it on another adapter for xbee only, it's fine, but I want to be able to configure it while it is plugged on the stack of romeo v1.0, with i/o v5.0 . Any ideas?
userHeadPic ivanwong1989
2013-01-08 18:12:36 :'( Hello all, I have a Romeo v1.0 with I/O expansion board v5.0, with an Xbee Series 2.

I've followed the instructions of reversing the two connections above via jumper cables, but X-Ctu still can't interface with the Xbee through the stacked board. If i place it on another adapter for xbee only, it's fine, but I want to be able to configure it while it is plugged on the stack of romeo v1.0, with i/o v5.0 . Any ideas?
userHeadPic ivanwong1989
2013-01-06 16:05:58 Wow,

Sounds good.

I'm not familiar with LabVIEW. I just know there're some LabVIEW interface tool for Arduino.
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/zhs/nid/209835
http://arduino.cc/blog/2012/09/20/labvi ... sion-beta/

The communication between Arduino and the LabVIEW is via the Serial port. So it won't affect the sensors connected to pins expect D0 and D1 on the IO Expansion shield V5.

Hope it's useful! ;D

Regards,
Lauren
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-06 16:05:58 Wow,

Sounds good.

I'm not familiar with LabVIEW. I just know there're some LabVIEW interface tool for Arduino.
http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/zhs/nid/209835
http://arduino.cc/blog/2012/09/20/labvi ... sion-beta/

The communication between Arduino and the LabVIEW is via the Serial port. So it won't affect the sensors connected to pins expect D0 and D1 on the IO Expansion shield V5.

Hope it's useful! ;D

Regards,
Lauren
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-06 14:37:47 Thanks, Lauren

now i can set the xbee via X-CTU.
my student project is use LabVIEW for temperature monitoring. , do you know how can i use this shield with labview for communication with the arduino program? 

Regards
Tanan
userHeadPic Tanan
2013-01-06 14:37:47 Thanks, Lauren

now i can set the xbee via X-CTU.
my student project is use LabVIEW for temperature monitoring. , do you know how can i use this shield with labview for communication with the arduino program? 

Regards
Tanan
userHeadPic Tanan
2013-01-06 11:37:19 Hi,

The default connection for the xbee is to use the Arduino to communicate with the Xbee module. So you need to reverse the connect for the TTL of the XBee then it could be connected to the USB directly.

I've uploaded a connection picture and please remove the jumpers on the shield first and wire the jumper cable like the picture shown!

Regards,
Lauren
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-06 11:37:19 Hi,

The default connection for the xbee is to use the Arduino to communicate with the Xbee module. So you need to reverse the connect for the TTL of the XBee then it could be connected to the USB directly.

I've uploaded a connection picture and please remove the jumpers on the shield first and wire the jumper cable like the picture shown!

Regards,
Lauren
userHeadPic Lauren
2013-01-06 03:54:19 in x-ctu when i press Test/Query is shown unable to communicate with modem (the red light in Xbee Shield is flashing)

how can i config this?
userHeadPic Tanan