Bluno General Arduino

Bluno iOS Characteristics Values

userHead mjain 2014-08-22 03:21:52 2957 Views4 Replies
Hi,

I am trying to use Bluon and writing a code to read the value from Bluno. I am able to detect the service: dfb0 and Characteristic: dfb1, however I am stuck in reading the value in the following part of the code. Can you please provide the code in how to read these values.
________________________________________________________________________________
-(void)peripheral:(CBPeripheral *)peripheral didUpdateNotificationStateForCharacteristic:(CBCharacteristic *)characteristic error:(NSError *)error
{

if([characteristic.UUID isEqual:[CBUUID UUIDWithString:TI_TEMP_TEMPERTURE_MEASUREMENT_CHARACTERISTIC_UUID]])
{
/* get characteristic which is a temperature data and send it to getTempData */
[self getTempData:characteristic error:error];
NSLog(@"Found Characteristics"); }

if([characteristic.UUID isEqual:[CBUUID UUIDWithString:TI_TEMP_MANUFACTURER_NAME_UUID]])
{
[self getManufacturerName:characteristic];
}

self.deviceInfo.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@\n%@\n",self.connected, self.manufacturer];

}

-(void)getTempData : (CBCharacteristic *) characteristic error:(NSError *)error
{

NSLog(@"Got Characteristics"); /*this works fine as I see this in console when I run the code*/

/*can you please provide the code on how to read these values*/

return;

}

Thank you

Mohit
2018-02-02 07:18:49 Hi

Did you ever manage to get this working?

Thanks
userHeadPic info
2014-08-31 16:29:36 Yes I did. Thank you. However it has no comments to tell me what is going on. Anyway I have figure out how to read the values, and trying to figure out how to write the value from the phone. For example as simple as turning a LED ON/OFF using the iPhone app and bluno. Your help will be greatly appreciated to guide me how to write the value. I saw on Bluno webpage there are demonstration of such sort of things but no code to use. Thank you userHeadPic mjain
2014-08-25 20:07:42 Hello mjain,

Have you checked the [url=https://github.com/DFRobot/BlunoBasicDemo/tree/master/IOS/BlunoBasicDemo]IOS source code[/url]?
I guess it will help you.
userHeadPic Grey.CC
2014-08-24 16:06:36 I am able to read to read the characteristics now using the following method:

-(void)peripheral:(CBPeripheral *)peripheral didUpdateValueForCharacteristic:(CBCharacteristic *)characteristic error:(NSError *)error
{

if([characteristic.UUID isEqual:[CBUUID UUIDWithString:TI_TEMP_TEMPERTURE_MEASUREMENT_CHARACTERISTIC_UUID]])
    {
        [self getTempData:characteristic error:error];
        NSLog(@"Found Charateristics");    }

if([characteristic.UUID isEqual:[CBUUID UUIDWithString:TI_TEMP_MANUFACTURER_NAME_UUID]])
    {
        [self getManufacturerName:characteristic];
    }

self.deviceInfo.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@\n%@\n",self.connected, self.manufacturer];
}

However how do I read the values, when I read characteristics.value I get the following:

<35370d0a 35370d0a 35370d0a>

How do I convert it to the actual serial port values. Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Mohit

userHeadPic mjain