This Raspberry Pi is Discontinued Now, We recommend Raspberry Pi 3 Model B as a suitable replacement.
The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is a tiny computer board that's up and running when a keyboard, mouse, display, PSU and MicroSD card with installed OS are added.It is the low-cost variant of the Raspberry Pi. It was released to replace the original Model A in November 2014. Comparing with Model A it has below features：
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Smaller, neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connector with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes. Model A+ is approximately 2cm shorter than the Model A.
We recommend the Model A+ for for embedded projects and projects which require very low power, and which do not require Ethernet or multiple USB ports.