Let's make a walking robot with DFRobot's Boson Kit.
About DFRobot's Boson Kit
Boson kit is a powerful STEM Kit for kids to develop their logical and creative skills. It breaks down complicated circuits into simple, functional modules that are easy to understand. The kit requires no coding or soldering which decorates an ideal starting place for enthusiastic young inventors, educators and tinkerers.
1. The Walking Robot 's body First, you need the following auxiliary materials and tools.
1) Cut cardboard, the size is about 250mm *60mm. Note that the selection of cardboard should not be too hard.
2) Fold the cardboard you get.
3) With colorful paper and hot melt, you can wrap the cardboard on a different color you like.
4) At both ends of the long side of the cardboard, fold out the edge of the width of 30mm.
5) Cut a hole approximately 8 mm * 15 mm in the right position on the right side of the cardboard.
6) Fix the edge of the cardboard with craft sticks to prevent deformation.
7) Paste the appropriate length of the pin header on the right side of the crease, to increase the friction when walking.
After building the robot's body, we need to install and connect the required BOSON modules. What BOSON modules and tools do we need? As shown below:
1) Let us first use the four pairs of screws and nuts to fix the Servo on the cardboard, pay attention to the direction of the installed Servo and the location of the hole, to ensure that the Servo racket is able to rotate at the position of the previous hole.
2) Fix a pink base in the appropriate position on the cardboard. The base and the battery case can be attracted by magnetic force.
3) The robot uses the rotation of the servo to realize the function of walking, then how will the rotation of the servo be transmitted to the body of the robot? Need iron wire. It is bent into a roughly 90 degree shape, one end can be connected to the servo bracket, one end fixed to the body. After the connection is good, the left and right parts of the body of the robot show a certain angle.
4) Attach the sticky Velcro on both sides of the Boson Kit Main board base and the robot body
5) In the same way, fix the Self-locking Button Module in the proper position.
6) In the same way, fix the Servo Module in the proper position.
7) Then we need to connect the modules. The wiring diagram is as follows:
8) First, connect the battery case to the Boson Kit Main board.
9) Need a wire to connect the Self-locking Button Module with the Boson Kit Main board, note that the Self-locking Button Module is the input module, connected at the Boson Kit Main board input.
10) Connect the Servo Module with the Servo, and note that the corresponding "Servo" port of the Servo Module.
11) Connect the Servo Module to the corresponding output terminal on the Boson Kit Main board. The wiring part is over here.
3. Adjustment and Testi
1) Appearance adjustment Paste some decorations up with hot melt, so that walking robot more lovely.
2) Adjust the Servo Control Module to change the rotation angle of the servo, making the walking robot better to achieve the function of walking.