General Arduino

Understanding SEN0395

userHead Oreeeeeo 2023-03-20 14:33:16 478 Views1 Replies

I recently got an SEN0395 board to try out but am having trouble understanding how it works.

I followed this tutorial here:

https://wiki.dfrobot.com/mmWave_Radar_Human_Presence_Detection_SKU_SEN0395#target_6

And my Serial Monitor output is just constantly outputting ‘1’. From what i know is that this means it is successfully detecting the presence of a moving body, where an output of 0 on the other hand means there's is nothing detected.

What I am trying to figure out is how to configure/understand the parameters to increase/decrease the detection area. Am also trying to find out how to test its accuracy. 

For e.g. ^

void DetRangeCfg(float parA_s, float parA_e, float parB_s, float parB_e, float parC_s, float parC_e, float parD_s, float parD_e);

^ what i got from the tutorial is that by adjusting the above code you can adjust the parameters of the SEN0395 sensor, but have tried and always get an error where i am unable to compile my code.  

Does anybody know why or what else i could try to solve this?

2023-03-20 20:02:41

Make sure that the SEN0395 board is properly connected to your microcontroller and that you are using the correct pins to communicate with the sensor.

Double-check your code to ensure that you have included all the necessary libraries and that you have the correct syntax for the function you are trying to use. If you are getting an error when compiling, the issue may be related to the code itself.

Check the datasheet for the SEN0395 sensor to understand the parameters that you can adjust to modify the detection range. Some of the parameters that you may be able to adjust include the start and end angles, the minimum and maximum distances, and the sensitivity threshold.

Try adjusting these parameters in your code and see if you can get the sensor to detect objects within a different range. Keep in mind that different environments and objects may require different parameter settings to achieve accurate detection.

To test the accuracy of the sensor, you could try placing different objects at varying distances and angles from the sensor and observe the output on the Serial Monitor. You could also try moving the objects around to see how the sensor detects movement.

By the way, you can use mini PIR motion sensors alternatively.

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/DIY_Home_Security___How_to_Make_a_Simple_Motion_Detect.html

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini