General Arduino

About TB6600 connections

userHead Carlu.Valery 2023-05-19 01:00:36 680 Views4 Replies

Hello,

On the page dedicated to the TB6600 Stepper Motor Driver
https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1547.html
there is something I don't understand :

On the diagram shown on this page, the EN+, DIR+, PUL+ connections are connected to the 5v terminal of Arduino
and on the video displayed just after, 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeqlgZLqI-k&t=115s
the connections EN-, DIR-, PUL- are connected to the GND terminal of Arduino

Is there an error? Or are both choices possible?
If so, why!
Thanks for your answers

2023-05-23 15:04:12

Q: After connecting the power, why the motor doesn’t work? The PWR Led has been ON. 

A: Please check the power supply, it must be higher than 9V. And make sure the I/O limited current is higher than 5mA

The following table shows the driver Micro step. You can set the motor micro step via the first three DIP switches. Step Angle = Motor Step Angle / Micro Step E.g. An stepper motor with 1.8° step angle, the final step angle under “Micro step 4” will be 1.8°/4=0.45°

userHeadPic jenna
2023-05-22 18:39:21

Beside checking the wiring, check the continuities of your jumper wires. You can check with a multimeter. Sometimes bad jumpers make problems.

userHeadPic bidrohini.bidrohini
2023-05-19 23:05:06

Thanks for this detailed answer, but I lack the knowledge to get the right conclusions for my assembly:- 1 Arduino uno board- 2 TB6600,- 1 Nema 23 Gear ratio 47:1Torque setting without gearbox: 1.25Nm(177.01oz.in)maximum allowed with gearbox: 40Nm(5664oz.in)Current/phase: 2.8AResistance/phase: 0.9ohmsVoltage: 2.6VInductance: 2.5mH ± 20%(1KHz)- 1 Nema 23 - 1.26 NmRated current: 2.8A DCDC Winding Resistance (25°C): 1.2 Ω ± 10% Nominal VoltageNominal voltage: 3.36VWinding inductance: 2.3mH ± 20%

I tested with the common cathode connection (your diagram 2), but it seems that I need more power ?

Can you tell me if my choice is correct ?I hope I'm not abusing your kindness too much...Thanks so much

userHeadPic Carlu.Valery
2023-05-19 09:46:27

There are three input signals in all: ① Step pulse signal PUL +, PUL-; ② Direction signal DIR +, DIR-; ③ off-line signal EN +, EN-. The driver supports common-cathode and common-anode circuits, you can select one according to your demand. 

Common-Anode Connection: 

Connect PUL +, DIR +, and EN + to the power supply of the control system. If the power supply is + 5V, it can be directly connected. If the power supply is more than + 5V, the current limiting resistor R must be added externally. To ensure that the controller pin can output 8 ~ 15mA current to drive the internal optocoupler chip. Pulse signal connects to PUL-; direction signal connects to Dir-; Enable signal connects to EN-. As shown below:

Common-Cathode Connection: 

Connect PUL -, DIR -, and EN - to the ground terminal of the control system. Pulse signal connects to PUL-; direction signal connects to Dir-; Enable signal connects to EN-. As shown below:

pls refer to more details: https://dfimg.dfrobot.com/nobody/wiki/0bcc0b661ce7750ff7d0134bfc3e88b3.pdf

userHeadPic jenna