Advice needed for multiple non-contact liquid level sensors SEN0204

userHead Natalie.Tonra 2023-05-23 04:18:31 620 Views2 Replies

My aim is to monitor 12 ink tanks on my printer with 12 of these: SEN0204 / Gravity: Non-contact Digital Water / Liquid Level Sensor For Arduino

Will I be able to finely tune the sensors to alert me when they get down to low levels? Can i fine tune the sensor sensitivity? I know the sensor has 4 settings via the ‘SET’ button, but i'm pretty sure with some of these sensors you can remove the back plastic cap of the actual sensor and fine tune/calibrate it with a screwdriver.

Lastly, because i'd need to run 12 (One for each tank) Which expansion board/interface would i need to plug them all in? I don't need anything fancy, just to be able to power the sensors and have the light come on when the ink gets low in my cartridge.

Any ideas/info would be greatly appreciated.

2023-05-23 09:09:38

Of course, you can use the 12 sensors to alert you when the fluid level is getting low. But the SEN0204 could only adjust the sensitivity via the SET button.

If you want the screwdriver to adjust the sensor,then the SEN0368 I think is more suitable for you.

You could use this mainboard and expansion shield KIT like this one:

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-2136.html

It has 14 Digital IO so you could connect twelve SEN0204  and two lights in one time.

userHeadPic Yeez_B
Natalie.Tonra wrote:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question. I'm looking into this further now. I may even look into how to program it, even though i have no clue where to even start. I guess it could be a learning project.  

2023-05-23 23:34:00
1 Replies