HuskyLens Object tracking Pan-Tilt Arduino

userHead Ulrich.Engel 2023-07-17 20:20:09 1118 Views3 Replies

Hello, I've had a HuskyLens for a few days and now I want to build a servor-pan-tilt object tracking module with Arduino and HuskyLens. I found a tutorial for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-LXs94nRaU    

Unfortunately I have the problem that I always get the error message when compiling: 'class DFRobot_HuskyLens' has no member named 'writeOSD'

Since I don't get any feedback or help from the provider of the tutorial and this tutorial is also linked by DFRobot, I try it here in the forum. Maybe someone can help me.

Thank you ULLI

icon huskkylens-pan-tilt-object.rar 1KB Download(0)
2023-07-19 05:00:26

Hello,

unfortunately, my problem is that I am not a programmer and have only known the HuskyLens module for a few days. So I have no experience how to rewrite program for pan tilt tracking project.

Here is the Arduino program for this project that needs to be rewritten:  https://github.com/makertut/huskkylens-pan-tilt-object/blob/main/code1.ino

The aim is that the moving object in front of the HuskyLens should then be tracked accordingly by means of the movement of the pan-tilt mount for the HuskyLens. If the xCenter and yCenter coordinates change when the object moves, the object must be centered on the HuskyLens display by moving the two pan-tilt servos. That's the problem.

userHeadPic Ulrich.Engel
2023-07-18 15:45:06

Hi Jenna, thanks for the quick reply. I use exactly this library. It's about 5 months old and I've only had the HuskyLens for about 3 weeks. I had already checked if there were other versions of the "Pan-Tilt" application/tutorial that used a different Arduino code. But I couldn't find anything. Object tracking with I2C or UART works without any problems with my Huskylens and the Arduino UNO. With this pan-tilt project I just wanted to automate the tracking of the object. The camera should follow the object by pan-tilt. Thank you ULLI

userHeadPic Ulrich.Engel
2023-07-18 14:36:54

Hi!

Maybe the library used by the original author is not the latest version of the library. Please refer to the I2C sample code and function description.

HuskyLens/HUSKYLENSArduino (github.com)

userHeadPic jenna