Troubleshooting

Dual Stepper Block on DFR0548

userHead carlos.gomez 2023-11-15 01:08:56 191 Views4 Replies

Hello, Ima having trouble with my DFR0548 board as I dont understand the use for the dualstepper block. I tried making a simple robot that moves using two steppers but as I was thinking of using the dual stepper block to move both motors it does only move one, only leds from M1 and M2 light up. Am I doing something wrong? 

Im using a V2 microbit, I´m pretty sure everything is updated.

2023-11-15 20:52:47

Okay, I just discovered how they work… too much of a assle for me to be honest. Not sure why both stepper are not acting independent nor why trun is used instead of using steps or seconds. I guess they do work, just not optimal enough and the block is confusing.

userHeadPic carlos.gomez
2023-11-15 16:45:44

Im using a bench power supply, it does have more than enough power to power it. Also when using batteries I can move both motors at the same time but only using two “forever” blocks with each one having a single stepper block working, instead of using the dual stepper one (who also has a mispelling saying trun instead of turn).

My problem here is that if I want to make a turn I need to start using alerts and advanced programming tricks that confuse people and is hard to explain anything aside of that because the block does not want to work.

userHeadPic carlos.gomez
2023-11-15 05:10:18

Please check if your power supply to the DFR0548 board is sufficient for driving both stepper motors.

userHeadPic lia.ifat