Dissolved oxygen meter for Arduino Overview
This is a dissolved oxygen sensor kit, which is compatible with Arduino microcontrollers. This dissolved oxygen meter product is used to measure the dissolved oxygen in water, to reflect the water quality. It is widely applied in many water quality applications, such as aquaculture, environment monitoring, natural science, etc. You may also check Liquid Sensor Selection Guide to get better familiar with our liquid sensor series.
There’s an old saying regarding keeping fish, “Good fish deserves good water”. Good water quality is very important to aquatic organisms. Dissolved oxygen is one of the important parameters to reflect water quality. Low dissolved oxygen in the water will lead to difficulty in breathing for aquatic organisms, which may threaten their lives.
We launched a new open-source dissolved oxygen sensor kit, which is compatible with Arduino
. This product is used to measure the dissolved oxygen in water, to reflect the water quality. This sensor kit helps you quickly to build your own dissolved oxygen detector.
The probe is galvanic, does not need polarization time, and stays available at any time. The filling solution and membrane cap are replaceable, leading to the low maintenance cost. The signal converter board is plug-and-play and has good compatibility. It can be easily integrated into any control or detecting system.
This dissolved oxygen meter product is easy to use with high compatibility. This dissolved oxygen sensor product is very suitable for your water projects in detecting the dissolved oxygen concentration for the aquatic organisms with open-source code and detailed tutorial provided.
Due to the International Import and Export Policy, the corrosive solution (acid & alkaline solution) cannot be delivered by air transportation. The filling solution is not included in the kit. You have to purchase it from the local shop or deploy the solution by yourself, refer to WiKi FAQ-Q4. It can’t work without a filling solution! Please be cautious with the purchase!
Arduino Dissolved Oxygen (DO) Sensor Connection Diagram
1. The filling solution is 0.5 mol/L NaOH solution. You need to pour it into the membrane cap before use. Please be cautious with the operation because the solution is corrosive. Please wear gloves! If the solution accidentally drops onto the skin, wash your skin with plenty of water immediately.
2. The oxygen permeable membrane in the membrane cap is sensitive and fragile. Be cautious when handling it. Fingernail and other sharp objects should be avoided.
3. The DO sensor will consume a little oxygen during the measurement. Please gently stir the solution and let the oxygen be distributed evenly in the water.
Dissolved Oxygen Probe：
1. Galvanic probe, no need polarization time
2. Filling solution and membrane cap is replaceable, low maintenance cost
Signal Converter Board：
1. 3.3~5.5V wide-range power supply, compatible with most Arduino microcontroller
2. 0~3.0V analog output, compatible with all microcontrollers with ADC function.
3. Gravity interface, plug, and play, easy to use