How can I use PCI riser cards with LattePanda Sigma?
Ryan_0719 2026-09-14 15:31:34 152 Views1 Replies Hi everyone,
I'm looking to connect 2 PCI riser cards to my LattePanda Sigma to run PCI devices.
The issue I'm running into is that my PCI adapter card works fine in the PCIe 3.0 M.2 slot, but it is not recognized/working in the PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot.
So I'm wondering:
1. If I use the LattePanda M.2 M-Key to 4-Port PCIe Expansion Board, will I be able to run two PCI riser cards through it?
2. Can I connect this expansion board to the riser cards using standard USB 3.0 Type-A to Type-A (AM-AM) cables?
Here is the link to the PCI riser card I currently have: https://a.aliexpress.com/_c35RqL17
Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. Will the M.2 M-Key to 4-Port PCIe Expansion Board run two riser cards? Yes, that's what it's for — it takes one M.2 M-key (PCIe x4) from a Sigma M.2 slot and fans it out to 4 PCIe ports you can plug risers/devices into. Just keep in mind the total bandwidth is still the x4 the M.2 slot provides, so those 4 ports share it — two devices through it won't each get a full x4 (product page).
2. Can you link the board to risers with USB 3.0 Type-A to Type-A cables? No — that won't work. USB 3.0 Type-A cables carry USB signaling and power, not PCIe. A PCIe riser talks PCIe over its own lanes, and you can't run that over a USB cable. The expansion board's outputs are PCIe connectors; you connect risers directly to them (or via a proper PCIe extension).
Jason.Miao 
